Friday 7 September 2012

Dirty Burger

hello everyone!!
Guess what... another burger joint has opened hurray!!! "but what makes this one different from the already established big hitters" I here you say... well for a start its dangerously close to my flat (bites fist), its absolutely tiny with only one table, the menu is about the as long as my list of GCSE's (also tiny) and the only thing that you can see when you look out of the window in this place is a GYM which made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside while scoffing down my sloppy burger and deep fried onion fries!! :) :) :)

Dirty burger is part of a 3 pronged attack on kentish town by the soho house group and is housed in the same building as pizza east & chicken shop and all 3 of them where rammed on a thursday night when I popped in & its great to see more places open up in kentish town which is fast becoming a foodie hotspot.

Anyway firstly we popped downstairs to Chicken shop on a reconnaissance mission as i wanted to check out the poultry competition (see what i did there wink, wink) and have a few beers, it looked good and I will defo be heading in for dinner soon.
Yep, I'm the guy taking pictures of beer mats....sorry mum.
out the way, out the way i need to take pictures!!!
After we where suitably lubricated with booze we swung round the back to Dirty burger, which looks like a it was picked up by hurricane Katrina and blown all the way from a new orleans swamp! in a good way of course.


To my delight I discovered the head chef there was a pal of mine that I used to work with! which was followed by a shout across a busy kitchen of "free drinks for theses guys".....this could get out of hand pretttty quickly!

Me and the GF ordered 2 cheese burgers, onion fries and chips and found somewhere to park our soon to be fatter arses.


Onion fries.....basically a lazy mans onion ring but still bloody tasty

Ground beef rump cap, bone marrow, beef flank in the patty HELLO!!
The burgers where great as a whole but the meat patty was AWESOME!!! After I'd polished off my first burger i just had to have another one and another order of onion fries just for good measure.

More & more free drinks kept arriving and this is when it got a bit hazy so I'll leave it at that......





No comments:

Post a Comment